Vancouver HR Consultant Cori Maedel
Cori Maedel is a Vancouver-based HR Consultant with over 25 years of experience in human resources. She heads a trusted team of HR experts who work together to effectively meet your HR needs.
Benefits of working with our HR consultants:
- By virtue of being outside HR consultants, we have clarity around HR issues that sometimes get bogged down by internal politics or debate
- For the same cost as senior internal HR person, you receive a team of four HR experts from Jouta (including a VP of HR with over 25 years of experience)
- You receive a depth and breadth of experience not possible with in-house HR
- We have extensive experience across multiple provinces, including BC and AB
- We get to know you first. As a result, our HR solutions reflect the uniqueness of your company culture
- Our HR policies and practices focus on nurturing your culture, protecting you from legislative threats and driving your productivity
- We’ve worked in many industries including construction, real-estate, technology, forestry, First Nations, finance, and more
How our HR consultants work
One of the most challenging aspects is that everything in HR is interconnected. Our team of HR consultants recognize this and create solutions that address your immediate needs while seeking to understand and remedy the true cause. For example, we will fix your performance issue while helping you prevent it becoming an issue in the future.
This leaves you free to do what you do best – grow your business.
Beyond HR consulting
Jouta’s team is headed by Cori Maedel, who has worked with clients across BC, AB, and across Canada. She is the entrepreneur behind Jouta and oversees every single client.
Beyond working with clients, Cori shares her HR knowledge generously with the local business community and has been on the Board of Directors for the Better Business Bureau since 2009. Lynda Pasacreta, former BBB President and CEO endorsed Jouta saying, “Cori has been instrumental in leading the Directors and BBB staff through strategic planning…[She] embodies integrity, honesty and performance – her commitment to the organizations and groups she supports truly benefit from her ethical and dedicated approach.”
Cori is also on the BC Human Resources Management Association’s Professional Development Team and is frequently invited to present HR seminars to members. Kyla Nicholson, Program Manager, recently endorsed Cori saying, “[She] is a well-respected speaker. Her workshop and symposium sessions have been highly rated…We hope to have her back many more times.”
Cori also regularly presents HR seminars to members of groups and organizations such as:
- The Small Business Education Centre
- Aboriginal Financial Operators Association
- British Columbia Construction Association
- Canadian Glass Association
- Certified Management Accountants
For upcoming events please visit our HR workshops page.
Request a free HR assessment to experience our process first-hand. No charge, no obligation, and a great way to find out if our HR consultants have the right solution for your needs.