Are you a senior HR leader who has a desire to make lasting impacts across a variety of industries (with a strong focus on Indigenous organizations and governments)? Are you excited to apply your expertise to leading and supporting a high-performing team of HR consultants to inspire and build a new possible for our clients and within the HR industry overall? Have you been waiting to apply your expertise in diverse and creative ways – and to view both ‘work’ and ‘HR’ in a different light?
The name “Jouta”
At Jouta (pronounced Joe-ta), we’re incredibly intentional about our culture and everything we do flows from there. Our name, logo and symbolism are no exception. With our name, we don’t just want abundance for our clients, and for ourselves. We want superabundance. This may be about success, wealth, health, happiness, or whatever superabundance means to you.
Why we do what we do
To inspire and build a new possible.
In the spirit of togetherness, we…
- Have a strong spirit of alliance, working as one team, supporting, celebrating, cherishing, and challenging one another
- Work collectivelyto provide our clients with unique, fresh, sustainable solutions from a variety of perspectives
- Work with our clients with mindfulcollaboration
- Never give ourselves an excuse to do less than our best
- Succeed when our clients succeed!
What you’ll do
As Director, Client Experience, you are passionate about guiding, mentoring, and supporting the client services team to deliver an awe-mazing client experience!
Your responsibilities will fall into 4 broad categories:
Client Experience & Service Delivery
- Building, strengthening, and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with our clients
- Initiating our better as an organization by staying aligned to the “Jouta Way” while collaborating with/tapping into the collective genius of the consulting team to develop unique, fresh, client-centric HR solutions
- Leading the development and launch of new and enhanced service offerings to wow our clients, collaborating with the SLT and senior consultants to explore opportunities and develop new processes/programs/services
- Providing direct client service in areas of specialized expertise to support clients and projects
Client Services (Consulting Team) Leadership
- Leading the recruitment process to grow and complement the talents of the client services team
- Aligning new consultants through robust orientation and onboarding to ensure a deep connection to our values, understanding of our client experience goals and our HR product and service delivery
- Supporting new team members to learn about the clients and industries (including Indigenous communities, governments, and organizations) we work with
- Training and coaching new/junior consultants to broaden and deepen their HR expertise
- Guiding, coaching and supporting the team to make projects successful
- Keeping up to date with project progress and supporting consultants, as needed (i.e., help to clear bottle necks, provide back-up during vacation, or leaves, etc.)
- Creating opportunities for team collaboration, communication, and knowledge sharing
Serving as Jouta’s internal HR (i.e., ensuring our HR practices as an organization are culturally aligned and reflect the same wise practices we develop for our clients). This will include:
- Leading Jouta’s recruiting, orientation, and onboarding processes
- Maintaining and updating Jouta’s employee handbook
- Managing the compensation structure and benefits plan
- Supporting and coaching the SLT with their people management responsibilities
- Coaching, mentoring, guiding, and performance managing the client services team
- Serving as a resource to employees for policy/practice interpretation, questions or assistance with group benefits, and other HR support, as needed
Senior Leadership Team
- As a member of the SLT, being a guardian and nurturer of Jouta’s culture and values
- Supporting the Founder/CEO and the SLT by participating in strategic planning and operationalizing the strategy through the client services team
- Hiring, training, mentoring, and coaching direct reports
- Collaborating with the SLT to develop new and enhanced service offerings in alignment with Jouta’s purpose and values
- Keeping the SLT apprised on emergent opportunities and issues
- Getting it done (aka “other duties as required”) – tackling whatever comes up that fits your skillset and the overall needs of Jouta
Who you are
You are a seasoned, consultation-focused and business-minded HR professional. You are passionate about doing meaningful work that supports clients and team members to be at their best. You have a forte for building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders and employees alike. You are a highly self-driven, yet team-focused, senior manager who leads by serving others. Additionally, you have/bring/are:
- Knowledge gained through 12+ years of progressively senior HR experience with at least 5 years at a senior consultant or director level combined with completion of a diploma or degree program in human resources, business administration, or related field; OR equivalent education and experience
- An HR subject matter expert with a diverse breadth of knowledge and experience working in a variety of industries
- Ability to lead, mentor, and coach a team of HR consultants with varied backgrounds and levels of experience
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including mediation and conciliation; ability to build strong, collaborative relationships built on empathy and trust
- Ability and willingness to engage with a diverse set of clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, and develop processes/programs across the HR pillars
- Experience working with Indigenous communities, governments, and organizations and understanding of the impacts of colonization and trauma on Indigenous people and communities
- Curiosity and the desire to learn about Indigenous world views and the cultural uniqueness of each community; ability to hold space for this knowledge to enhance the work we do
- Strong project management capabilities and the ability to support others in leading projects
- Ability to communicate/write professionally, respectfully, and in line with the diversity of our clients
- Proactively self-directed with the ability to organize, establish, manage, and delegate priorities and workflow, work and think independently, complete multiple tasks, problem-solve, and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a high performance, high-standards culture; high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Orientation to run it like you own it, while also working inclusively alongside others
- Learning and teaching mindset; excitement to learn and share wise practices with the goal of always being and doing better
- Demonstrated commitment to Jouta’s ‘why’ and values
How we work
While we all work remotely and are self-directed, we work closely together in our virtual environment, getting together in person (for work and a lot of play!) when we can. We work with clients virtually and in person. Some travel is required, within Canada, including to remote regions.
Take the plunge!
If you believe you can add value to our team and our clients, are aligned with why/how we do what we do and are ready for a change in how you work, connect with us! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why we’re a great fit for each other. As always, we genuinely thank all applicants for their interest and only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.