Are you a senior HR leader who has a desire to focus your efforts on building relationships and driving business growth to create lasting impacts across a variety of industries? Are you excited to combine your background in HR with business development, sales and marketing to inspire and build a new possible for our clients? Have you been waiting to apply your expertise in diverse and creative ways – and to view both ‘work’ and ‘HR’ in a different light?
The name “Jouta”
At Jouta (pronounced Joe-ta), we’re incredibly intentional about our culture and everything we do flows from there. Our name, logo and symbolism are no exception. With our name, we don’t just want abundance for our clients, and for ourselves. We want superabundance. This may be about success, wealth, health, happiness, or whatever superabundance means to you.
Why we do what we do
To inspire and build a new possible.
In the spirit of togetherness, we…
- Have a strong spirit of alliance, working as one team, supporting, celebrating, cherishing, and challenging one another
- Work collectivelyto provide our clients with unique, fresh, sustainable solutions from a variety of perspectives
- Work with our clients with mindfulcollaboration
- Never give ourselves an excuse to do less than our best
- Succeed when our clients succeed!
What you’ll do
As Director, Business Development, you will drive Jouta’s revenue through business growth and overseeing the planning, development and execution of Jouta’s marketing and advertising initiatives.
Your responsibilities will fall into 4 broad categories:
Business Growth & Development
- In line with the “Jouta Way”, developing and strengthening solid, sustainable relationships with a network of clients
- Identifying and researching new market opportunities to attract new ‘Jouta-aligned’ clients
- Building, implementing and carrying out processes to ensure sales projections and forecasting revenue are aligned with projected income
- Increasing Jouta’s market share across specific industries
- Identifying and attending industry conferences and events
- Preparing and presenting monthly/annual reports for the SLT
Marketing & Communications
- Developing an overall communication strategy addressing events, conferences, social media, website content, proposal content, email marketing, etc.
- Planning and implementing all marketing and advertising initiatives
- Promoting and upholding the Jouta brand
- Understanding and listening to market trends and directing marketing funds accordingly
- Building and maintaining relationships with external marketing professionals
- Keeping marketing and advertising campaigns within budget
- Preparing and presenting monthly/annual reports for the SLT
Full Cycle Sales
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Being the primary contact for all new and potential clients
- Working with the Director, Client Experience, as needed, preparing and presenting risk assessments
- Creating proposal content to solidify and help clients determine their needs
- Addressing questions and objections to presented proposals, amending where necessary, following up, and moving the proposal to close
- Working with the EA to develop letters of engagement, provide to client, and close the sale
Senior Leadership Team
- As a member of the SLT, being a guardian and nurturer of Jouta’s culture and values
- Supporting the Founder/CEO and the SLT by participating in strategic planning and operationalizing the strategy with support of the EA and others, as applicable
- Hiring, training, mentoring, and coaching direct reports
- Collaborating with the SLT to develop new and enhanced service offerings in alignment with Jouta’s purpose and values
- Keeping the SLT apprised on emergent opportunities and issues
- Getting it done (aka “other duties as required”) – tackling whatever comes up that fits your skillset and the overall needs of Jouta
Who you are
You are a seasoned, consultation-focused and business-minded HR professional first, and a driven business growth/marketing- and sales-focused professional as a close second. You understand the importance of that alignment for this role and are passionate about doing meaningful work that supports clients and team members to be at their best. You have a forte for building and maintaining strong relationships with leaders in a variety of industries. You are a highly self-driven, yet team-focused, senior manager who leads by serving others. Additionally, you have/bring/are:
- Knowledge gained through 10+ years of progressively senior HR experience with completion of a diploma or degree program in human resources, business administration, or related field; OR equivalent education and experience
- An HR subject matter expert with a diverse breadth of knowledge and experience working in a variety of industries
- Understanding of current marketing and advertising techniques, including social media campaigns; ability to implement creative marketing and advertising campaigns
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; ability to build strong, collaborative relationships built on empathy and trust, and to close business
- Ability to communicate and write professionally, respectfully, and in line with the diversity of our clients
- Ability and willingness to engage with a diverse set of potential clients
- Curiosity and the desire to learn about Indigenous world views and the cultural uniqueness of each community; ability to hold space for this knowledge to enhance the work we do
- Ability to plan and organize sales presentations, meetings, marketing strategies and more
- Knowledge in interpreting company financial data and the ability to analyze it
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to effectively communicate with, mentor, guide and coach others, as well as representing/promoting varying perspectives
- Solid experience and understanding of strategic thinking and planning, with professional business acumen
- Proactively self-directed with the ability to organize, establish, manage, and delegate priorities and workflow, work and think independently, complete multiple tasks, problem-solve, and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a high performance, high-standards culture; high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Orientation to run it like you own it, while also working inclusively alongside others
- Learning and teaching mindset; excitement to learn and share wise practices with the goal of always being and doing better
- Demonstrated commitment to our ‘why’ and values
How we work
While we all work remotely and are self-directed, we work closely together in our virtual environment, getting together in person (for work and a lot of play!) when we can. We work with clients virtually and in person. Some travel is required, within Canada, including to remote regions.
Take the plunge!
If you believe you can add value to our team and our clients, are aligned with why/how we do what we do and are ready for a change in how you work, connect with us! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and let us know why we’re a great fit for each other. As always, we genuinely thank all applicants for their interest and only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.